Tuesday, January 27, 2009

mmm... grilled cheese


Maybe the fact that its a short week this week helps, but all-in-all, today was one of those days when most things went right.

I woke up feeling well rested (its amazing what a full 7hrs of sleep will do for you) and it was a beautiful, sunny, crisp-but-not-too-cold winter day; no wind and not a cloud in the sky. I got to take a field trip this afternoon - ok, it was just to the campus bookstore and the book I needed to look at was shrink wrapped with another book - but it was nice to get out for a bit...

I also spent a lot of today thinking about bacon (Pete - you would be proud). It started this morning when I was waiting in line to pay for coffee on break and the guy in front of me was buying eggs, hashbrowns (tater tots) and bacon. Oh that bacon smelled so good. I thought about making brinner - but I didn't have any bacon or eggs at home, so I went with the next best thing: grilled cheese sandwich (and soup).

And I made probably the best grilled cheese sandwich I have ever had. Top 3 for sure. Seriously, I wish I had taken pictures so I could share just how good it was. It was so, so delicious.

But its a bit of a sad day at the same time since I have now reached the pinnicle of my grilled cheese skillz - it is all downhill from here.

0 comments: