Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Olympic Moment


Yesterday was the big day. My time to shine. At approximately 10:37 AM MST I would carrying the Olympic Flame for 300m. Two blocks. 15th St to 13th St NW - along 20th Ave NW.

The whole event took about 3 hours from registering at a gathering point to being returned there by a shuttle bus after everyone in my group had completed their leg of the relay...

I was super-excited but a bit nervous about tripping or doing something else embarrassing... It all went off without a hitch. I wasn't able to get any photos myself during the day, but here are a few I've gotten so far...

{gathered for pre-run debriefing}

{waiting to board the shuttle bus}

{carrying the Torch}

{passing the Olympic Flame}

{with my nephews}



{the banner - click on an image to see the messages}



{kookie stationary}

3 comments:

Sarah on January 21, 2010 at 7:32 AM said...

LOVE the banner. Looks like you had fun :) Pretty stylin outfit, too!

Unknown on January 21, 2010 at 8:11 AM said...

Loved watching you on my tiny computer monitor! thanks for the pics, they were WAY clearer than what I saw on the screen.

Craig said...

That's so awesome! Hooray for you!