Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What have I gotten myself into?!?!?


During a few work parties and some glasses of wine, I agreed to participate in a triathlon. A. Triathlon. Yeah.

It's actually not quite as bad as it sounds. It's a team-relay, so I'll only have to do on leg of the race - the cycling. And it's a sprint distance, so 17.5 km. But as with all those things we agree to in those moments, you're never quite sure how serious people are - if everyone says "I'll do it if you'll do it," will you actually do it? First day back at work, we signed up.

So on a (hopefully) mild April afternoon, I will be triathloning. I figured I should hit the gym and see how long it might take one to pedal 17.5 km, or if one could do it at all for that matter. The result wasn't terrible, but wasn't great either. I definitely have something to work towards over the next 3 months...

1 comments:

Unknown on January 6, 2010 at 10:19 AM said...

Love the new background, it's very pretty! As for the triathalon...you can do it! Go, Barb, Go!!!!