Sunday, February 22, 2009

Barb - 1, Canal - 0


Yeah that's right. I totally owned the Canal - basically that means I didn't fall down. Not even once. There were a few close calls but I managed to stay upright...

Headed up to Ottawa this weekend for those quintessentially Canadian activities of skating on the Rideau Canal and eating a BeaverTail. And let me say, neither disappointed.

Started out the afternoon wandering around a few shops in Ottawa where I finally found a small wall calendar for my office.

I really don't think we could have had a better day for skating. It was clear and not too cold. Some parts of the ice had divots and holes, but it wasn't terrible... (some people kept saying it wasn't very good, but they had been spoiled by excellent ice in previous outings - I really couldn't tell)


Really, what I wanted most (and had been promised) was one of those fabled BeaverTails that I have heard so much about. I was determined that even if it was poor skating conditions, I was still getting that delightfully sugary snack (yes Heather, I was going to ignore your rule and have one anyways but we skated so I got it legitimately).









All in all - a fabulous weekend. This sign pretty much says it all...



0 comments: