Sunday, February 1, 2009

SuperWeekend


The weekend started out at a SuperConference and is ending with the SuperBowl.

I went to T.O. for the OLA SuperConference - for the Expo, since I have to write two papers for my class on various interactions with the vendors there. I was also able to catch up with quite a few people. I do wish I'd had some time to attend sessions - maybe next year if I have an employer who will pay for me to go ;)

I stayed with Monika (at her super-cute new house) - really a perfect plan since she was going to OLA too and it saved me from leaving K-town at about 5:00 AM on Friday. We ordered Thai on Friday night, as per usual, and I've found a new favourite - red curry beef. so so good.

Now I'm settling in with my Sunday morning coffee to get caught up on stuff before the SuperBowl. I think I'm going to cheer for the Steelers - mostly because I saw them live this summer when they played in Toronto, even though it was only preseason (don't worry, I didn't pay for those severly overpriced tickets - I won them by doing a survey).

I'm kinda excited to watch the SuperBowl - two stations I get are broadcasting the game - unlike with the Grey Cup when NONE were, so I couldn't watch it at all - in Canada - there is something wrong with that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, you seriously missed the Stamps winning the Grey Cup? You're such a bad Calgarian! ;)
Seriously though, ditch the peasant-vision.

Barb on February 3, 2009 at 10:29 AM said...

If CBC had been broadcasting the Grey Cup like they should have it wouldn't have been a problem...

Unknown on February 7, 2009 at 5:32 AM said...

this has nothing to do with the content of your post, but rather the appearance of your blog (I know, I'm so superficial): I love the "Avec Gimauves" font! It's so retro-futuristic.

Anonymous said...

Masuman Beef is also awesome. Check it out if you get a chance. Of course, as with all things ethnic, spellings may vary.

Barb on February 9, 2009 at 10:39 PM said...

Sue, I love your superficiality. The font is called Trebuchet MS.