Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Madness that is March


I never really enjoyed basketball at all until I filled out my first bracket. I used to think March Madness was boring and annoying because it preempted my TV. But once I'd actually picked a teams to win, it gave me someone to root for; someone to be invested in. Plus I like being right and winning (I still feel like Duke betrayed by me going out in the 1st round that year). And yes, I make some of my picks the girly way - team colours, if I know someone who goes/went there, if I think one team's mascot could beat the other team's mascot in a fight. This year I threw my job search into the equation and if I was applying to that school, or maybe even one near by/in the same state, chances are good I have you getting out of the first round at least... (Hey Pete, if I'm making picks the girly way and our brackets are pretty similar, what's your excuse?)

Question: If you're in multiple pools, do you make the same picks or do you change it up on games you feel are a toss up, choosing one team in pool A and the other for pool B?

I do try and base it on the rankings somewhat, so unfortunately (being ranked #10) I couldn't send my favourite team very far. My Fear Turtles*...


I will be a bit sad when I have to cheer against you, but for now Go Fear Turtles Go!!!

*I DO know that Maryland is actually the Terps

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Barb, first you skip the Stamps in the Grey Cup, now you're picking NCAA brackets. The "Ontario" must be getting to you, because you're getting more and more American as time passes. Just don't start cheering for the Leafs, whatever you do! ;)

Barb on March 24, 2009 at 5:37 PM said...

I think I've explained how the Grey Cup thing was CBC's fault, not mine... And I'm still Canadian - I go to Timmy's; I spell it colour. But there is NO WAY I'd ever cheer for the Leafs. Ever.

Anonymous said...

Ouch Barb, not feeling the sarcasm in that like I hope was intended...

Barb on March 25, 2009 at 10:07 AM said...

hahaha... you know I'd never be sarcastic about the Leafs...