Sunday, March 1, 2009

Target or Bust!!


It's no secret that one of the things I miss about living in the States is the shopping... So when Sarah suggested a little trip to Watertown, who was I to say no?So we met up near the border, she hopped into Chloe, and we headed South. Its only about another 30 min. once we cross the border, which was surprisingly busy. (There was some event going - so many trucks parked on a dirt side road - what were they up to?!?!)

Crossing the border was fairly amusing. It starts with the typical questions - Where do you live, where are you going? He also asked us what we do for a living - and seriously - once you tell them you are a librarian they have nothing else to say. Because everyone knows that librarians can't be bad. I don't think one librarian would have phased him, but he didn't know what to do about two...

The shopping was good. I think we were both v. happy with our purchases. I had been eyeing a dress* on Target's website, but they did not have it in stock (and Target won't ship to Canada *shakes fist*) SO instead I got the best handbag ever. Its that awesome green colour (you know the one) and its big and slouchy, yet still professional looking...


loveslovesloveslovesloves.

*I have thought about buying the dress, shipping it to Bek and having her mail it to me, but I don't trust that I would see it anytime in the next 6 months. Sorry Bek, I love you but you know its true.

I also stocked up on my favourite salsa. Frankly I feel you just can't really buy good salsa in Canada. Another way the US ruined me. This stuff is just sososo good. *hearts* There is nothing comprable here.

Super-fun day. A good time was had by all. We are already talking about the next one - Syracuse maybe. Heather? Hint, hint.

4 comments:

Unknown on March 1, 2009 at 9:01 PM said...

I'm so glad you guys had a successful trip (loves the purchases!) and I'm so there the next time (fingers crossed this school thing cooperates!)!!

Barb on March 2, 2009 at 9:30 AM said...

We'll just have to make it co-operate...

Unknown on March 2, 2009 at 10:16 AM said...

Yes it's true, I'm neither reliable or prompt, especially when it comes to mail... Glad you had fun at target though!

Sarah on March 2, 2009 at 12:44 PM said...

Kenneth Cole Green! yummm.

Uhm we need to start planning our next trip STAT. And it must include Syracuse! I'm already tucking coinage away...