Tuesday, March 24, 2009

RIP TLFKAR (2007-2009)


Yeah - so the last couple days have been something of a doozy...

I was working on my *very last paper EVER* when my laptop fell; well my foot got caught in the cord as I was getting up - results were not pretty...

*Photo Reenactment

It seemed like it was ok when I first picked it up... but it quickly froze up and wouldn't reboot. When I did the factory reset it was the same error as last August when the hard-drive crashed. FATAL ERROR. Yeah. And I still had to get that paper done... from scratch. Not a good Sunday. And now The Laptop Formerly Known As Roger is no more.

Since I've still got to get through finishing the semester and finding a job I had to go get a new toy to play with. Meet Cyril:

Why Cyril? Since he's a Hewlett-Packard, I felt like he needed an upper-crust sort of name. And for some reason The Raccoons were in my head. Since it's black (like my heart) Cyril seemed very apropos...

3 comments:

Unknown on March 24, 2009 at 9:28 PM said...

Hi Cyril, nice to meet you! Please be very nice to Barb so she can finish the semester in peace :)

Anonymous said...

I will certainly do my best. That Barb is all sorts of awesome.

Unknown on March 25, 2009 at 4:37 PM said...

I know, right?! Good stuff :)